Monday, July 19, 2010

Quilt X Three









Gregs friend Don just adopted 3 kids from Russia. It was a long process that took over a year and several trips over there, but they finally came home with a girl and 2 boys. They are all siblings. We are excited for him and his family. Obviously you can tell which quilts are for who. Bengals obviously for where we live and the University of Florida was where Don went to college. I love the quilting on the girls, Usually I meander the quilting but since it was a girl tried to do flowers/butterflies as you can see on the back they turned out great-totally love it. I usually machine sew my binding but ended up hand stitching 2 of them and now think it looks so much better then my machine ones. Darn-it takes so much longer to hand stitch, but I guess the result is worth it.

4 comments:

  1. beautiful! you have had your hands full! i love that stitching on the girl one too :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. I just can't get over what a fabulous quilter you are!!! I am so impressed! They are beautiful quilts.

    ReplyDelete
  3. This is so nerdy..I can't believe you made a Bengal's quilt...wow....wow...

    ReplyDelete
  4. The quilts look amazing! And that is SO wonderful that those three siblings were able to stay with each other. I imagine that must mean a lot to them.

    ReplyDelete