I love bread, pastries, baked goodies. Even though my life is crazy and time is valuable I still find time to bake-well I try to. Tonight I made Spaghetti Carbonara, homemade breadsticks and the last zucchini from our garden. My friend Melissa Cass gave me the recipe for breadsticks, it is easy and delicious so I am going to share.
Breadsticks
2 T yeast
1 1/2 c warm water
2 T sugar
1/2 t salt
3 c flour
Dissolve yeast in warm water. mix sugar, salt, flour into yeast mixture and knead with a mixer for 3 minutes. The dough will be very soft and stick to your fingers. Add a little flour if necessary, but not too much or the breadsticks will be tough. let rest 15 minutes. Melt one cube of butter and pour in bottom of cookie sheet. Spread flour on counter and roll out to same size as cookie sheet. Cut into one inch strips (I use my pizza cutter) fold in half and twist together. Roll each srip into butter and place 1/2 inch apart. (Sprinkle with seasonings if wanted.) let rise 15 to 20 minutes Bake 375 for 15 to 20 minutes. yum. (Seasonings---garlic salt, parmesan cheese, cinnamon sugar, etc. )
Tuesday, September 15, 2009
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
yum! i will totally have to try this out! melissa cass is such a home maker. i already knew she was really crafty... but she bakes too!? you are lucky to be such good friends with her. (and she with you of course ;) )
ReplyDeleteThat sounds yummy! Thanks for sharing it. :) I'm impressed that you found time to do all of that for dinner tonight with football during the week, being in the family history center, and mutual tonight!!
ReplyDeletemimi, I must be crazy or just like to eat good food. :) Lara
ReplyDeleteI gained 5 pounds just reading your recipe. Can't wait to try it.
ReplyDelete