Tuesday, February 1, 2011

Scrappy diamonds.


I started this quilt as a scrap quilt 2 years ago and finished the top sometime last summer. It had been sitting waiting to be quilted. I wasn't in a hurry- I didn't know what I was going to do it with it but just before christmas I decided I was going to give it to Melissa's seminary teacher Sister U. She is awesome. Melissa has had her every year since her 9th grade year and I thought it would be a great way to finish off her senior seminary year and give it to her. Sister U loves the young women and young men in our ward and has devoted so much time to them. I love that lady. Well anyway, I finished it up and could not wait until the end of the year to give it to her. I took it over to her and she absolutely loved it. Totally matched the quilt on her bed which happened to be the same color as the backing-an off yellow/green. Very cute. So it continues me trying to finish old projects before starting new ones--and yes it is killing me.

4 comments:

  1. Lovely, lovely, lovely! And you are so kind and thoughtful to give away your hours of hard work.

    ReplyDelete
  2. wow that was beautiful! i agree sister u is awesome. how fun to give it to her- you are amazing.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Love the quilt. You did good work. Love ya too.

    ReplyDelete