For Christmas we could not decide what to get Gregs dad, a week before christmas Greg came up with the idea of making a john deere quilt for dad. He loves John Deere tractors and in the past we have given him a john deere hat and coffee cup, so it totally makes sense to make him a quilt with that in mind. We wrapped the fabric as there was no time to make it before then. Yes, I broke my rule and started another one before my last few tops are done but oh well. I finished it last week. I used cotton on the front and flannel on the back. I love the way it turned out. I even quilted it in a way I have never done. Dad absolutely loves it. I love going down in the morning to take Russell down and I see him using it in his recliner. Warms my heart.
Friday, February 11, 2011
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
That's so awesome! It's super cute! You have amazing skill!
ReplyDeleteWhat a great idea and quilt! And it is wonderful to see someone using/enjoying a gift you have given or made. :)
ReplyDelete