We had a good Memorial Day, our ward always has a picnic and provides fried chicken and then we bring potluck dishes. The kids have fun playing baseball, volleyball, and just running around. And yes it always rains, good thing Ohio rain is warm. When we got home from the picnic, there were 2 baby chicks under our playset. Melissa wanted to keep them, but one dog is plenty for me. Russell and I went to see them and my neighbor said they were his pets, he helped Russell hold them. As you can see by his face he was ecstatic. it brings back memories. I remember having chickens growing up. I always wondered why we raised baby chicks, we didn't even live near farm areas. I guess my mom wanted us to get a feel of raising animals. Who knows? Mom? We did eat the eggs. I remember blue ones and brown/red eggs. Now we live behind a big farm that has cows, horses, goats, so my kids get to see them and enjoy them.
Wednesday, May 27, 2009
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
How fun! I remember I was in Eastgate for Memorial Day, and we had a picnic for the ward at a park! Hope everyone is doing well!
ReplyDelete