Sunday, August 19, 2012

ponderings

This summer has been a very busy eventful season.  I look back on everything we have done and many different things stand out to me. I have enjoyed watching my boys play baseball, football, late nights with friends and spending time with the boys. I have missed Melissa too, her quick smile and her passion for life. This summer has also brought me lots of reflections on my family and how important they are. My dad has been battling terminal cancer for a year. He had surgery in June to help him eat better and never left the hospital. We jumped in the car the end of july and headed to utah to say goodbye. Greg drove the 2500 miles in 2 and half days.He is such a wonderful supportive husband. My dad woke up the morning we got there and we were able to spend some wonderful moments with him, I will always remember the feeling of love and peace when i was with him. There were many tears but I am so glad I was there to express my love for him. We were able to spend lots of time with family and howard and russell were able to meet cousins they hadn't met. We made it home on friday and the next Wednesday he passed away. I had not planned on going out as we had just been there but my family wanted me to come back and with the help of a friend and my mom I was able to go out saturday through tuesday for the funeral. I missed greg and the boys immensely but was glad to be there for closure and to help my mom. I am still mourning but am remembering wonderful times. I know I have more in my to say but for know I am still thinking...

1 comment:

  1. I am sorry to hear of your loss, we will keep you in our prayers.

    ReplyDelete