Friday, July 8, 2011

Baseball-H & R

Howard and Russell have been playing baseball this late spring/early summer. It has been busy. Baseball is not my favorite sport. I find it long and boring but I go and love watching my boys work hard and have fun. I like the fact that want be outside, that they would rather be out playing baseball in the cul de sac with the kids in the neighborhood than playing xbox. They never seem to tire of the game. Andrew gets out there and plays too. The grass in the front has a pathway from the tree to the fire hydrant to the other tree to the water drain. Yes it is in a diamond shape.My house has become the neighborhood house and I love it.

2 comments:

  1. When Tyler was in the third grade, he decided he wanted to give baseball a try. (He had been playing soccer since he had been in kindergarden.) I was concerned because although we had played at home as a family he had never played on a team before and hadn't had any training.

    He was put into left field. He caught all the balls that were hit out to him. His strong arm threw them accurately back to the basemenn or the catcher or pitcher. He hit homeruns. But he was bored to tears from all the standing around because there wasn't much action out in the left field.

    He went back to soccer.

    I was relieved because I didn't care for watching baseball games either. So, I emphathize with you having to watch their games!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Jeffrey and his brothers grew up playing baseball in their neighborhood, too. The other day Jeff asked his parents' next door neighbor about the old pitching mound. The neighbor said he pours gasoline on it to make sure the grass doesn't grow back, so that the mound will always stand as a testament to the good days, and maybe the grandkids will want to play baseball there someday, too.

    ReplyDelete