Saturday, July 4, 2009

Yummy wings

Happy 4th, we have had a very rainy day but Greg made an awesome dinner. He made avacado potato salad and wings. He made teriyaki, honey glazed, and spicy chicken wings. Yum, I am sharing my favorite of the 3. Spicy Chicken wings with Alabama white barbeque sauce. I love dipping the wings into the sauce, it has spice and a little kick with the horseradish. Just writing about it makes me wish we didn't eat them all. :(

Spicy Chicken Wings W/ Alabama White Barbecue Sauce

2 tablespoons chili powder
2 tablespoons paprika
1 tablespoon garlic powder
1 teaspoon salt
½ teaspoon cayenne
½ teaspoon ground cumin
¼ teaspoon ground cloves
3 tablespoons olive oil

In a small bowl combine all dry ingredients. Rub the chicken wings with the olive oil, then liberally with the spice mixture. Store in a resealable bag and let set at least 4 hours but up to 24.

Grill the wings over medium heat or in an oven on 350 degrees for about 15-20 mintues. Serve the wings with helping of Alabama White Barbecue Sauce to dip in.

Alabama White Barbecue Sauce

1 cup mayonnaise
½ cup white vinegar
2 tablespoons sugar
1 tablespoon lemon juice
1 teaspoon prepared horseradish
1 teaspoon salt
1 teaspoon black pepper

Combine all ingredients, cover, and refrigerate until wings are cooked.

2 comments:

  1. Sounds yummy. I need to try them

    ReplyDelete
  2. FOUND YOU!!! I totally love wings- way my favorite food ever! Thanks for posting- definately writing it down:)

    ReplyDelete